<VV> Today's coils

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:06:49 EDT 2009

Ernie,

I can't speak to the heat tolerance of coils, but you don't have to drill
holes to move the coil. Mine is fastened to the rear support using one of
the same bolts that holds the hood latch.

My '66 110 has a U shaped hole in the shroud, right below the
standard mounting place, that blows hot air straight up to where the coil
would be if I hadn't moved it. I'm sure there is a reason for that hole, but
I don't know what it is. Does anyone else know? It seems I've seen other
Corvairs that don't have that hole.

Marc Sheridan