<VV> Oil Pressure

dpross1342 at aol.com dpross1342 at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 07:58:35 EDT 2009

I have a 1967 110HP with  oil pressure & oil temperature gauges, both
VDO electric. The pressure sender has an auxiliary ground.
When running, and the oil temp is about 180 degrees, the pressure runs
between 25-27 PSI, and stays there, even if the oil temperature rises
to over 200+ degrees. Since the factory spec is 35 PSI, is the lower
oil pressure at risk of damaging my engine?
I also would like to know if anyone has had experience with the higher
pressure relief springs sold by Clarks? Is there
a greater chance of oil leaks, particularly around that complex
casting where the oil filter is attached?
Thanks for any feedback.
Don Rossbach
dpross1342 at aol.com