<VV> Oil Pressure

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 15:39:15 EDT 2009

I have a 1967 110HP with  oil pressure & oil temperature gauges, both
VDO electric. The pressure sender has an auxiliary ground.
When running, and the oil temp is about 180 degrees, the pressure runs
between 25-27 PSI, and stays there, even if the oil temperature rises
to over 200+ degrees. Since the factory spec is 35 PSI, is the lower
oil pressure at risk of damaging my engine?
Don Rossbach

Gauges are for reference only,  unless calibrated regularly...

you might test you accuracy with a mechanical GOOD  CALIBRATED  gauge..

I see no problem even if you really are running 27 psi..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm