<VV> Fwd: Oil Pressure

dpross1342 at aol.com dpross1342 at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 17:47:43 EDT 2009

Just to forward my letter.

Thanks,

Don Rossbach

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Pleau <dpleau at wavecable.com>
To: dpross1342 at aol.com; vv-help at corvair.org
Sent: Wed, Aug 19, 2009 9:05 am
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure

The proper address to send this too is virtualvairs at corvair.org.

?

Dennis for VV-help

?

From: dpross1342 at aol.com [mailto:dpross1342 at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:59 AM
To: vv-help at corvair.org
Subject: Oil Pressure

?

I have a 1967 110HP with? oil pressure & oil temperature gauges, both VDO electric. The pressure sender has an auxiliary ground.

When running, and the oil temp is about 180 degrees, the pressure runs between 25-27 PSI, and stays there, even if the oil temperature rises to over 200+ degrees. Since the factory spec is 35 PSI, is the lower oil pressure at risk of damaging my engine?

I also would like to know if anyone has had experience with the higher pressure relief springs sold by Clarks? Is there

a greater chance of oil leaks, particularly around that complex casting where the oil filter is attached?

Thanks for any feedback.

Don Rossbach

dpross1342 at aol.com

?