<VV> BETTER HEADLIGHTS REVISITED

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 11:11:17 EDT 2009

 NHTSA upped the max light output standards some time ago, so your Cibies are kosher. And, quite frankly, I don't EVER see a cop stopping you, whipping out a light meter, and checking headlights. And if you're not zapping someone with your high beams, and the lows are properly aimed, I don't see ANYONE getting stopped or even flunking most inspections.

And you're right, the stockers are AWFUL! Even today's US headlights are miles ahead compared to the old T3s. And today, US headlight standards are a lot closer to Europe's.

For the geeks like me, see:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/nhtsa/NHTSA.html

There are links in the text, hard to see on some monitors, but if you're interested...

John Roberts