<VV> BETTER HEADLIGHTS REVISITED

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Sat Aug 22 13:36:33 EDT 2009

I am one of those lawless fellows who used an aircraft landing light
in place of one of the stock high-beams in a 1964 Greenbrier years ago.

It was so bright that

-I always kept my foot on the dimmer switch, so that I could turn it
off in an instant if traffic came in the opposite direction

-It required the use of a relay

-Reflective highway signs proved to be TOO reflective

-It illuminated the road even in the rain

-I joked that I could blister the paint off a car in front of me if I
were to use the light

-I no longer had to shovel snow from my driveway, I could just point
the light at it and it would melt

-It was wonderful.

Recently I fixed up a Rampside as a daily driver, and so it may get a
landing light.

--Bob