<VV> BETTER HEADLIGHTS REVISITED

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 07:08:38 EDT 2009

 HIDs are most definitely nice, but it's not the light source that makes the difference, it's the optics!! There are many halogen headlamps that'll beat DOT spec HIDs out there.

Oh, and folks, HID conversions of halogen headlights usually doesn't work out so well. For single bulb headlights, you lose the high beams, and the low beams go all over the place, etc.

Also, for a lot of cars, GM in particular, the parts catalog lists 'export model' headlights. For the C5 Corvettes, the last RWD Caprices, etc., they look a lot like Cibie headlamps designed to fit these cars for use in Europe! I am sure other manufacturers have similar lamps for their export cars.

John Roberts