<VV> Update on my carb problems

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Sun Aug 23 16:16:39 EDT 2009

Thanks for everyone's feedback and advice but the answer was in Bob Helt's
carb book which I (luckily) included with my last order.

In it, he noted that inlet valves being included with some carb kits today
have a larger than stock orifice. I checked the original inlets with the new
ones and he was right, the holes in the new inlet valves were visibly
larger.

His solution was to increase the float setting. I did that and the venturi
cluster stopped dribbling and the engine now idles smoothly. Thanks Bob!

While doing the old/new comparison I noticed that the new inlet was also
slightly taller.

Regards,

Bob