<VV> DACC Homecoming

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Aug 23 16:18:48 EDT 2009

The event is now history and was the second highest attendance in our 30
year history.  Clarks Corvair Parts were a big boost in the number of
participants as they sent out cards to all their customers telling them
"we are attending".  Numbers vary slightly depending on whom you talk to
but we had 147 registrations and 85 Corvairs show up.  Dave Munaco of
DACC won "best of show" in a landslide with the most beautiful Rampside
pickup in the universe.  He spent five years restoring this vehicle and
it would easily score 98-99 points in a Corsa concours.  I now realize I
didn't take a picture of it as I was drooling over the 454 V8 powered
'65 coupe that came.
Rockin' Ronnie the DJ played oldies music and showed movies on a big
blow up screen Friday and Saturday night.  We had valve cover races on
the lawn in front of the motel and yours truly won top eliminator.
Joanne and I also won the road rally.  We had the top 25 cars drive thru
the carport in front of the motel to wildly cheering crowds.  The
weather wasn't very good this year as it rained some every day but we
persevered and everyone had a great time.  This was the first time we
sold out the motel and some of our friends had to go across the freeway
to the Red Roof Inn.  The Corvair hobby is alive and well!
Clark Hartzel