<VV> Windshield

John Howell 32chevy at 0306.org
Tue Aug 25 18:18:02 EDT 2009

Smitty I never had that problem, I leaned them in and out setting on the
rubber spacers by myself without any trouble, maybe I was just lucky, I
didn`t know any better. You need tell Bill, he is the one asking how to
replace a windshield.  I have not found the procedure in a book except the
1966 Fisher Body Service Manual and they used adhesive caulking in a
caulking gun. It has been years since I installed one and I don`t remember
how I found out how to do it the way I did. I didn`t have any problems and
it never leaked.
The only windshield I ever broke was when I was removing the trim and nicked
the glass trying to release the trim clips and it cracked, ouch !  I would
like to see the correct written procedure myself.        John