<VV> CORVAIR A/C CONDENSER POSITION

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Aug 26 08:51:57 EDT 2009

What is the typical temperature on a summer hot day when you would be
driving your car? Houston TX is probably in the mid 90 degree F range.
(35 C). If you plan on driving your Corvair daily with the AC on and
temperatures this high, then maybe you could see some difference in
engine longevity due to higher operating temperature. But, if you are
just driving to shows or cruise ins, or the outside temperature is
lower, why worry about something that will take years to happen, if ever?

There are many 66/67 condenser styles running on the road in this
country. I just bought one (66) and hope to have it on the road shortly.

The only difference I can see in the two styles is the engine combustion
air on the 66/67 style gets heated by the condenser. This will add to
the operating temperature of the engine. The cooling air flowing over
the engine fins is warmed the same by both styles of condensers. So, use
the 66/67 style and duct outside air to the inlet of the air cleaner.
The best of both worlds.

Frank DuVal