<VV> Brake problems

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 02:47:32 EDT 2009

Suggestions please.

I did a full brake job on my 63 Spyder when I got her just over 2 years ago.
I replaced the shoes, wheel cylinders, hoses, upgraded to a dual master
cylinder, blew out the lines and installed 64 finned drums on the rear. All
has been fine for a long time. However, in the last month or so, I have had
pulling to the right with a hard pedal. The harder the pedal, the harder the
pull. What confuses me is that sometimes there is no pull at all  for
several stops and then there it is again. I am not leaking any brake fluid.

I plan to take things apart this weekend to see what is up. I have a new set
of springs that I intend to install. I couldn't get them when I rebuilt the
system a few years ago. Drum brakes are not my specialty by any means. I'm
wondering if anyone might have some suggestions of what I might look for.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert.

Westminster, CA