<VV> Front Crossmember

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 31 04:59:01 EDT 2009

I ran into that issue before myself.
I found that when raising the lower control arm with a floor jack, it would
lift the car off the jackstand before you could connect the ball joint.
By remedy was 2 people in the trunk for some added weight, and barely got
it.
I think the book recommends, having the lower control      attached to the
ball joint and raising the inner end into place.

Other than that, the spring must be compressed.

Gary Swiatowy