<VV> Cam profile WAS noisey cam

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Dec 1 11:02:13 EST 2009

Really?  I'm a little surprised given that it (the OT-10) is aimed at
the low end of the RPM range.  I would expect that since it's a
hydraulic cam basically for 110 engines it would be quiet.

There is some possibility that it requires custom pushrods, I know
that Otto Parts suggested checking the geometry in the old catalog.  I
bring that up because I have been told that if the geometry is off
enough, it will lead to some noise, although I'm not quite certain of
the reason why.

Finally, there is the issue that on teardown Tim found evidence of
wear, even though he used a ZDDP additive.

So, anybody out there successfully run an OT-10 recently?  Was it
noisy?  What break in procedure and lube was used?  Other comments?

--Bryan