<VV> Opinion on rear coil springs-conclusion and new tires

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Wed Dec 2 14:48:04 EST 2009

<SNIP>
Wouldn't it be better all around (handling-wise--on SoCal streets) to
install a '64 transaxle and springs complete?  I've been led to understand
that
the '64's have by far the best handling of the EM's.

Scotty from Hollyweird

<SNIP>

Scotty,

I agree with you. I have a 64 Diff and a leaf spring. However my 64 A-arms
have worn out bushing holes so are unusable. I just found out yesterday that
I have 63 Convertible springs.

That all means that to go to a 64 rear suspension, I will need to purchase 2
"new" A-arms, a pair of springs and associated hardware.

Since I am unemployed, Those things will have to wait.

Dave Thompson
P.S. I have a job interview later this week

.