<VV> CORSA, Today and Tomorrow

Bill Kronen billpat at telusplanet.net
Fri Dec 4 13:25:40 EST 2009

In all of the discussion re: the future of CORSA and the present
situation in which it finds itself, one segment of our group has been
silent or overlooked.  Though part of a Classic Car Club (the only Vair
owner)  more than a few of us, I suspect, are not blessed to be part of
a local Corvair club, but live in isolation, physically separated from
other Corvair owners, monthly meetings, gatherings and Corvair only
events.  I'm one of those and greatly appreciate the fact that there is
a national organization to create some level of unity among the
widespread membership of owners and others with an affinity for these
cars.  I'm astounded to find out from Bryans post that we have only two
paid staff and are still able to function as we do, whether we like what
is happening or not.  The Communique is important to me, a tool that
keeps me connected to what is being done, what is going on, what is
going to happen in the future, even if I can't be a direct part of it.
It is certainly something that needs to continue in whichever format is
used.   I've been fortunate to attend two national Conventions, (without
a Vair) and will not miss the 50th, with or without my car.  Rather than
find fault with those who are and have given of their own time and money
to keep the passion alive, applaud their efforts and desire to do what
is best for us all.  Thank you, Bryan and all other volunteers and staff
past and present.  IMHO, whatever detractors may say, rest assured that
most of the 'silent majority' are glad you are there.  Most of us are
old enough to remember JFK's challange to the country  which may well
apply here, 'Ask not what CORSA can do for you, but what you can do for
CORSA"   We're in this together, for better or for worse but with the
goal of always making it better for all.  Start by being a dues paying,
non-complaining member and go from there.  It can and will continue.
Bill Kronen
Isolated in snowy Alberta
63 Spyder 'vert,  66 Monza coupe, 63  Volvo 544