<VV> CORSA future

Harry Jensen, Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Fri Dec 4 18:02:05 EST 2009

Hi--

If I may, I would like to go back to the original post regarding Del's
article and Kent's comments, because I think the subsequent discussion
has gone off track.

A section of Director's column had to do with how CORSA delivers content
to its members in the form of the Communique. The column asserts is that
content could just as easily be delivered by the web. And for those not
online, he says, 'time moves on.'  From my perspective, that type of
sentiment is divisive and exclusionary.

CORSA has always been to be fabric which binds the Corvair community
together. CORSA needs to be INclusionary, gathering all the different
segments of the Corvair community into one organization. That
organization could have different groups or segments such as
autocrossers, restorers, or concours folks, and members could
participate in one group or more than one group.

Those who want a printed Communique should be able to receive a printed
Communique. Those who want an eCommunique should be able to receive an
eCommunique without having to receive the printed version at a lower
cost. Those who do not want the added expense of the Communique but get
the other benefits of membership such as attending the convention should
be allowed to be members.

For as long as I've been a CORSA member, there are chapters and members
discussing whether all chapters members should have be CORSA members as
the people who are not CORSA members still receive some of CORSA's
benefits. This three tiered membership should make it easier for
everyone to be CORSA members. Chapters should be asked if this sort of
three tiered membership would work for them. Chapter filing fees would
be eliminated as the 100% chapters are not required to pay a fee. The
result would be that CORSA's fixed costs would be borne by more people.

If you ask how CORSA will survive the next decade, this is one solution.

--H

PS. BTW, the idea of a three tiered membership is not mine, but Bob
Dunahugh's.