<VV> future of CORSA

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 5 20:54:59 EST 2009

Alright.... I have to ask....

What is CORSA spending all it's money on?

I understand the communique is the biggest cost.....    how much does it actually cost to produce and mail the magazine per copy each year after the income from ad's offsetting some of the costs?  I mean... can it really be consuming THAT big a hunk of our dues?

Now....   once you take the cost of the Communique and subtract that from the dues per member what is left?  What is this remainder being spent on?

If we could see where the money is going we might be in a better position to make suggestions.

One last comment....  membership is GOING to decline at a pretty high rate for a long while....  most of our members are umm.....  chronologically challenged......  and you have to face it.....  Corvairs are not going to attract enough interest from younger generations to offset the folks we are losing every year to age.  We need to do a better job attracting new members.. but there is no way we are going to attract THAT many.  This being the case we are going to have to spend what dues we still collect on the things that are most important to keeping CORSA alive and attractive to enthusiasts.

Ray Rodriguez III
click here for a pic of me and my car http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/?action=view&current=sigphoto3.jpg
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 hot rodded coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction)