<VV> CORSA web site

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 15:57:13 EST 2009

Mark,

It sounds like you and I have been talking with the same people.

As to the web site and programmers in general, I think programmers are under the impression that everyone uses the latest & greatest in the PC world and forget that some users still run small resolutions on their screen and / or are still working under a dial up service. Good web page design should take these things into account.

This was the reason I felt I needed to separate all the Operation Corvair Christmas pages, to speed load time. If I didn't care about load time, I could have simply posted all 250 plus photos I have about this event and be done with it. But in that case the page would be very slow to load and you would have scrolled on forever.

My experience with CORSA's attitude has been similar to yours. Mine was dealing with car shows, car displays, Concours what ever you wish to call it. I was trying to address the "driven in" vs the "trailered in" cars. At the time CORSA told me, if they can't afford a trailer, forget it, we don't want you.

There are so many good people out there, all with one thing in common, the love of Corvairs. Yea, we all have our little spats now and then, but we manage to over look them for the good of the whole. But, some of us chose to join CORSA and some of us don't.

All I will say is, if CORSA is right in their attitudes and direction they are going, why do they have so many problems? I see it as CORSA is in a struggle to survive. They must change their method of operation or die.

CORSA, listen to your members and future members, after all, they are your customers and your reason for existance. Without them you will cease to exist.

LET'S KEEP CORSA ALIVE.

Roy - Bayshore (and yes Ma rk you are correct, it is a 4 door or a 4 door hardtop, not a sedan)