<VV> CORSA status -- brief as possible

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 22:37:57 EST 2009

"CORSA, listen to your members and future members, after all, they are your
customers and your reason for existance. Without them you will cease to
exist. "

The board tries to listen.  Listen to VV -- Stock vs Mod vs Custom vs
improved. Early vs Late. Mechanical vs Electric (fuel pump; distribrutor)

for every right, there is a wrong. --  Dare I report this - the Corvette
Museum film clip referred to the rear Windshield -- egads.

We have debated / considered bi-monthly Communiques, eCommunique as an
option to Printed. Even threw out quarterly in the last two years.  Will
continue that discussion as time goes on.

Concours is distict from car display -- car display is suppose to be more
relaxed more fun.  Concours allows for "point" credit for driven cars.  I've
taken advantage of that extra credit when i drove my Sprint to Detroit.  The
trailer credit/non credit has been discussed as much as the fuel pump
amongst the Concours committee.  We try not to debate them on VV.  They do
discuss with participants.

CORSA financials are published in the Communique for all to read.  Not all
clubs do that .  2009 is still bleak. 2010 looks much better. 2011 may be
ok.  2012 is too far out to make any good prediction.  Not totally out of
the woods,  nor we ever be. Why?  because we are non-profit, don't try to
make oil company type profits (2008)

 Advertising dollars are limited and cover basic printing costs plus a
little. Historically considered as much as service to members (so you know
what is available, on sale, etc)  Attempt to change the model this year was
not as successful as hoped.

always room for improvement, in all aspects of CORSA.  I listen more than i
speak anymore, better to learn and it keeps me out of (some) trouble.

tim mahler
central Division Director, CORSA