<VV> I Tried

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 10:32:57 EST 2009

Smitty,

Here's a reference guide for you:

The Auto Review Ultimate Collector Car Guide. Softcover, 8-1/2 x 11, 28
chapters, 176 pages, 300 B&W illustrations. 2008. Glossary, events
calendar, who's who list, clubs, myths, publications, history for antique,
special interest, Full Classic, racing and sports cars, muscle cars, etc.
Fall 2007 $20.00 Item AR12.

Find it at:

http://www.theautoreview.com/

Also check with Hemmings for further references.

Also, some more would be to simply pick up ANY GM dealer album from the
'50's or '60's and look up some cars. Some to look up would be any base
line Chevy of that era, like a '57 150 two-door, or a '66 Biscayne
two-door. You'll note that they all have full-length "B" pillars and are
called "SEDAN"s. Enough references for you, or should I go on?

Like I said, the term "sedan" does NOT designate the number of doors. In
today's market, almost ALL cars are sedans, regardless of whether they have
two or four doors. You may get away with terming a LM 4door a "sedan" but
that's no indication as to whether you're refering to a 2door or 4door. As
it stands, we might as well also just start refering to ALL Corvair 2doors
as sedans. I'm just trying to get you to be more specific. Don't rely on
the word "sedan" to indicate the number of doors, because such a misnomer
is not recognized by the auto industry standards, and they are the
originators of their own terminology. And no one worth being regarded as
any kind of automotive expert will use anything but correct
industry-standard terminology.

-Mar

that.  Untill I read that written by some authority all you say is just
blather