<VV> Jackson's column

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 13:03:43 EST 2009

Ok. I just got my issue of CC today. I now see what all the uproar is
about. Here's my assessment:

First, I have to disagree with him on his comment that VV is "the world's
most annoying forum." I personally feel that the Corvair Center is worthy
of that title. So it's all a matter of personal opinion. But then, he's
entitled to express his opinion in his column.

However, I DO agree with one poster who said that he offers only
negativity, and no concrete proposals for "fixing" any problems, real or
otherwise. And I CERTAINLY dislike his last sentence, that of wanting to
"blow up" CORSA. With that kind of comment, why is he even a member, let
alone a director?

But the real test is that one has to ask, would you REALLY want to hand out
a copy of that issue to a prospective member? Despite the fact that the
rest of the issue is an otherwise fine example of EXACTLY some of what I
would want to show a prospective member, there is NO WAY I'd want to do so.
I'd recommend that everyone burn any extra issues, so that no one outside
CORSA ever sees that column. And we certainly ought to give new members,
who may have just received their first issue of CC, a one-month consolation
extension. THAT is how damaging I think his column is to CORSA's public
image.

To air one's dirty laundry for members eyes to see is one thing, but under
no circumstances should we allow such negative opinions out for innocent
(both prospective and new) members to see. If he has some positive
proposals to present, he sure didn't make much of a case for anything. And
after all his rantings, what pray tell does he propose to do about the
problems?

In the end, what was he thinking?

-Mark