<VV> The Power of the Pen

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Dec 7 14:27:22 EST 2009

Want proof that the printed Communique is more powerful than the
internet?  Look no further than the uproar over Jackson's column.  Back
in October I posted essentially the same message here on VV, and it was
throughly and completely ignored.  I wrote in part

"We cannot continue to publish the same magazine every month.  We cannot
continue to run the same convention every year.  We cannot continue to
maintain a static web site.  We cannot afford to take the local
relationships for granted.... we need to re-invent the Corvair Society."

I guess I was ignored because I did not gratuitously insult VV and I did
not specifically say "blow it up."  But I also put it here on VV, where
it was easier to ignore.  Jackson used more pointed language and put it
in the Communique.  I think his word choices were ill-considered but I
suspect that if he and I sat down we would find a great deal on which to
agree.

--Bob Marlow