<VV> It's time

W Halsey hihal6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:50:04 EST 2009

That is the way I remember it too. The early "hardtop convertibles" used the
same doors as actual convertibles and the headliners often had horizontal
chrome strips to simulate the convertible look with the top up. The exterior
look of the top also tried to mimic a convertible with the top up. When the
hardtop convertible became a big seller, most everybody started calling it
simply a "Hardtop". I had two HT's in the '50s-----------officially called a
1951 Ford Victoria and a 1956 Town Sedan (a four door hardtop). I never
heard anyone refer to either car by Fords names, the first was just a
hardtop and the other was a four door hardtop.

Of course, you should know that my daughter just reminded me to take my

Wade Halsey