<VV> Con-fused and per-plexed

Brent Fullard brent.fullard at rogers.com
Mon Dec 7 14:48:08 EST 2009

Thank you Tony Underwood!. I am VERY, VERY PLEASED to report that the
Multiplex unit is working just fine now, with a 6 amp fuse, as you kindly
advised below:

The multiplex unit uses pretty much the same current as the radio and the
radio will use around 1.5 amps as a rule.  The second rule is to use a fuse
that's about twice the working current of the device it's supposed to
protect.   Any fuse between 6 and 10 amps would likely work out ok although
a 6 amp fuse might be not so easy to find.  10 amp, not a problem.   The
usual failure in a Delco car radio of that vintage (or the multiplex) ends
up drawing over ten amps in any event (shorted output transistor or filter
capacitor) so even the 10 amp fuse would blow if something did go wrong.
tony..

I am installing a Multiplex in my '66 Vair. The installation instructions