<VV> Fwd: Fw: bronze valve guides

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:21:14 EST 2009

Scotty; so, your bronze guide shows .500. does it just drop into the hole? A
.5 OD guide should just fall into a .513 or whatever the std head hole is to
give the .002 tight fit.

Is you micronometer accurate? Is it Corvair (the guide)?
Something is wrong someplace.  Clarks says .517, Lon Wall says .515 he
thinks, in either case, the .500 guide is not going to do it! Start looking
for what is wrong! (I'd check the caliper or mic, then check the guide with
a different one to start, then when you get the guide out of the head, use a
ball guage to measure that hole.

Mark Durham