<VV> Please read

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Mon Dec 7 18:06:48 EST 2009

We are having many violations of the rules.  I'm attaching them at the
bottom of this post.  Please read and follow them.

A lot of the replies that are getting people in trouble, should have been
sent off list, if they were sent at all.

Dennis Pleau

CORSA VirtualVairs Chairman

If you have comments on this list, please mailto:vairorg at corvair.org

To see the complete VV FAQ, surf over to: http://www.vv.corvair.org/faq.htm

In general:

 - No profanity.

 - No flame wars.  If you have something rude to send, please keep it

        off the list.  This includes "my politician is better than

                yours."

 - This is a Corvair list, try to keep posts to Corvairs, or at least

        about cars or air cooled engine technology, especially:

        - No politics, unless they have *explicit* Corvair or automotive

                content.

        - Likewise, no religion.

 - Indicate actual name and city/state (and country if applicable), and

   year/model/trans/motor of your 'Vair, this may help clarify your inquiry
or

   follow-up

 - If you've asked a technical question, please let us know what the

   solution turned out to be.

 - Limit signature files to six lines or less.

 - Try to make the Subject line fit the post, especially for replies

        to Digests.

 - When responding to posts, edit out irrelevant material.

 - Conversely, include enough so your answer makes sense.

 - When replying to a Digest, please trim to just the post you're replying
to..

 - Sign messages with your real name.

 - Don't post pictures or other attachments to the list.  Put them on

        a web server and post the URL.

 - Avoid "me too" posts.

 - No urban myths or virus hoaxes, please.  If you haven't personally

        verified it, assume it's a myth or a hoax.

 - Use all caps only for emphasis.

 - There are several special interest lists as well:

        - Fastvair, for Corvair high-performance matters,

        - Stock Corvair Group, for all things as they came from Chevy,

                http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/

        - UltraVan, the Corvair powered motorhome,

        - Corvanatics, far all FC Corvairs (trucks),

        - The Chapters list, for CORSA and Chapter discussion, plus events

        - V8Vairs, concerning V8 conversions,

                mailto:v8vairs-help at corvair.org for more info

        - Corvair Lakewood/Monza station wagons

        - VV-Talk, for general non-Corvair conversation,

 - If you must post something non-Corvair, please:

        - Keep it brief and limit number of posts.

        - Label jokes as "humor".

        - Said jokes should be suitable for my 9 year old.

        - Label non-Corvair messages as "no Corvair".

        - Better yet, use the vv-talk list, to subscribe, go to:

 - Please turn off "Return Receipt" for mail you post to the list.

 - Finally, only post messages that are of interest to a large portion

        of the list. If your message is generally only meant for a few

        individuals, please send it only to them.

Posting info:

 - The list address is: virtualvairs at corvair.org

 - To unsubscribe, go to

 - You must send your message in plain text without attachments.

 - If you need help with VV, mailto:vv-help at corvair.org and someone

        will try to help you.

 - If you have a complaint about a member's post and you can't work it

        out with them directly, mailto:vairorg at corvair.org - DO NOT take

        it up with them on the list.

Searching:

 - You can search the archived posts of all the corvair.org public lists

        with a little help from Google, just go to the main Google page

        and put something like:

        electric fan site:www.vv.corvair.org

Advertisments:

 - Ads that are Corvair related and preferably on-topic are acceptable.

 - Please put "For Sale", "FS", "AD" or comparable in the Subject line.

 - Vendor ads are acceptable, as long as they are not too frequent (once

     a month or so for unsolicited ads) and adhere to the above

     guidelines.  Vendor ads that explicitly address the topic at hand,

     preferably with some applicable information, are good.

        - We encourage vendors to post once a month to help

          our members find out about you.  Be sure to include your

          company info.

        - No vendor bashing.  If you have a great product, say why yours

          is great.  Personal attacks are expressly forbidden.

 - Include both the City and State and a phone number with good times to

        call if you will accept phone calls, especially for cars.

 - For events, include the above, plus Month, Day, and Time, and

        directions.

Handy URLs for Hoaxes & Virii:

        http://kumite.com/myths/

        http://www.urbanlegends.com/

        http://www.snopes2.com/

        http://www.datafellows.com/news/hoax.htm

        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/

        http://www.cai.com/virusinfo/virusalert.htm

        http://vil.nai.com/

URLs for info for new e-mail/internet users:

      http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/acronyms.php  Chat Acronyms.

        http://www.AcronymFinder.com/  The Acronym Finder.

        http://www.phish.net/PhishFAQ/nabbrev.html  More Acronyms and
Abbreviations.

IMPORTANT: Flagrant disregard for the above may result in moderation or

           suspension of membership without any further warning.

        *-*-*- Last updated: 6 July 09 -*-*-*