<VV> I've had enough insults humor

n5hsr n5hsr at sprynet.com
Tue Dec 8 07:54:03 EST 2009

Don't know why people have to insult 4 door owners.  My current daily driver
is a 4 door Corolla.

I'd wished we had a 4 door Corvair when we owned one.  The last year before
I got my license I wouldn't have had to wear my knees as earmuffs in the
back seat.  When one buys used, one takes what one can get.  GM isn't going
to magically open up a production line in Willow Run and start making more
69 Corvair convertibles or 2 doors.  (Shoot, you can't even get 'new'
Beetles from Mexico anymore, they quit making those some years back, though
I saw one in my old neighborhood once, and supposedly there was some place
in Aridzona that would put a 'new Mexibeetle' body on an old 66 pan and
register it as a 66.  )

That makes me think.  I know they made the Chevy II Nova as an Acadian in
Canada.  Did they ever make the Corvair at any of the other GM divisions
under another name?  I've never seen or heard of it.   Also GM has a habit
of recycling grilles and styles through other GM divisions.  Did any Corvair
bits ever show up in other vehicles?  Some of the current Chevy tail lights
remind me of our 62 tail lights a bit made me think of it.

Charles Fregeau