<VV> Richard Barone's '62 Monza Coupe in NJ

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Dec 8 09:03:13 EST 2009

Thanks to Bill Stanley for the web link and the YouTube
presentation. I thought I wanted to buy Richard's Corvair
when I saw the Craigslist entry. I asked Bob Marlow for
help looking it over for me since he was only 50 miles
away. Bill did me one better by taking footage for
YouTube. After seeing the condition of the trunk with the
misplaced horn (no big deal) and the "external" brake line
routing (very big deal!) I knew this car was not in as
pristine a condition as the owner felt it was. Since he
supposedly had an "offer" of $8k for the car from some guy
in Florida, I was no longer in the hunt. Back to the car
for a minute; once modifications like the brake line
repair and the repaint of everything in the trunk are
done, it doesn't make sense to make any assumptions about
the installation of the gas heater. This car is so far
from "stock" trunk-wise it wouldn't surprise me if the car
also had a complete hot air heater system installed in
tandem with the gas fired heater up front. Who knows who
did the work and when?

Too bad. I would like to find an EM coupe to use as a
driver. Right now all of my Corvairs are back in Michigan
stored for the winter. The only coupe that I have in the
collection is the crocus cream 1960 Monza that I bought
from Don Schneider many years ago. Anyone out there have a
early coupe/two door sedan/non hardtop/sporty little
Corvair they would like to sell me? - Pete K in Slippery
Driveway, PA