<VV> nomenclature

Jim Houston jhouston001 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Dec 8 12:07:13 EST 2009

'49 to '52 Chevy models shared basic body design - changes to
grill/trunk handle/taillights were the defining differences.  The '53
and '54 Models were a different body style completely, with again,
grill/taillight change from '53 to '54.  Then in '55 another complete
change occurred.  My Mom had a 1 owner (her) '49 Fleetline, my first car
was a '50 4door sedan, and then I got a '51 2door coupe ... so I learned
the differences between the years...  also, '49 to '52 Chevy made a
"Business Coupe", which had a different roof line (and no back seat) -
my uncle had one of those...

Jim Houston
'65 Corsa