<VV> Fwd: Fw: bronze valve guides

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Dec 8 22:48:52 EST 2009

<SNIP>
Intake valve stem seals are pretty much required
when the valve stems are vertical, but with horizontal stems, like on
the Corvair and others, the seals are generally considered optional by
most of the folks that I know.

Bill Strickland
<SNIP>

William Wynne of FlyCorvair.com fame told me NOT to install intake valve
seals when I was looking into building a flight Corvair engine. I wish now
that I had asked him why.

Dave Thompson