<VV> bronze valve guides

Brad Hall rbh3794 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 08:21:29 EST 2009

Just to finish up my question, and to tell you what I found, The cracked valve guide that I removed was .517; the hole was .5154; I reamed the hole to .517 and installed a bronze valve guide that was .519 (Clark's .002 oversize).  Then I reamed the bore of the new bronze guide for a nice sliding fit of the valve stem, and then I used a new intake valve stem seal since the other two intake valves in that head got new intake valve stem seals.   The other valve guides in the head are not bronze; I just used a bronze guide because I had it in stock.  and for you measurement buffs, I know that a ball gauge is not that accurate, but that is what I read.

Thanks to all of you for your comments and advice.

Brad Hall
Corsa Ontario