<VV> CID

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Dec 9 10:15:13 EST 2009

t 05:51 PM 12/7/2009, airvair at earthlink.net wrote:

> All,
>
> Does anyone know how much cubic inch displacement is added with a .060
> overbore on a 164 CID engine?

For sake of interest (if any)

D = bore x bore x stroke x #cyl x pi /4

or

D = bore x bore x stroke x #cyl x .785   ...also gets you there about as
close.

thus, 3.438 \2 = 11.8198 x 2.94 = 34.75 x 6 = 208.5 x 3.1416 = 655/4 =
163.7559

3.498 \2  etc etc etc = 169.5231 ci if you wanna nitpick and squeak it
down to the Nth degree.   Call it about 170 ci.  or thereabouts.   You
oick up almost 6 cubes.

Providing the engine is tweaked and is making around 1 hp/inch\2 that
would add about 5 hp.   Not really worth the money to go to the trouble
if power was the only reason for boring .060.  Easier and cheaper to
whittle some of the fan for 5 hp.

Or, you could go to a K&N air filter ahead of it all and pick up an
extra 5 hp AND let Nature bore your cylinders for you all at the same
time.  :)

Please excuse my ad-hoc math function representations before some large
brane sort points out that I'm using the wrong symbols.

Isn't math annoying?

tony..