<VV> Road Rallies

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Thu Dec 10 05:18:19 EST 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 11:52 PM, RBuckridge at comcast.net wrote:

> I agree with Bob's first statement, you shouldn't have to struggle
> to find landmarks.
>
> I stopped going on rallies because most rally masters didn't know
> what they were doing.
>
> A rally is as simple as me giving you directions to my house. No
> matter how good my directions, someone will either misread them or
> do something else.
>
> When running a rally, you ALWAYS get them on and off major roadways
> as easily and as obvious as possible. Get them back onto country
> rodes and NEVER have them leave the car or have to LOOK BACK for a
> clue. You want to keep everyone SAFE.
>
> Gimmick rallies are fun for those new to rallies but for the more
> experienced, TSD is the only way to go.
>
> But getting to the economy run, why not do the rally and the econo
> run at the same time as the gimmick or TSD rally? You could make it
> work and do both at once.
>
> _______________

Roy,

I agree with everything you've said except for combining these events.
This has been done before with resultant failure. These are two
separate events with completely different agendas. It makes as much
sense as giving concourse entrants rally-style directions to get to
the concourse venue or combining the economy run with the autocross.

Combining these two events cost a guy the Cole award at the Asheville
convention when he got lost on the economy run and got something like
11 mpg.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer, Membership Chairman