<VV> CORSA Insurance

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Thu Dec 10 09:02:35 EST 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 10:26 PM, J.Alan Johnson wrote:

> Hank wrote:  "Should the guy who's 80+ years old and an original
> owner, sold
> his car and can't even see well enough to drive anymore pay as much
> as the
> guy socking thousands into his resto?  Don't think so, but he should
> pay
> SOMETHING.  Or the chapter can make him an honorary member.  Since he
> doesn't drive, insurance isn't an issue."

*SNIP*

> e operating
> our autos-whether they are Corvairs or any other motor vehicle.  But
> when we
> as individuals act as a part of a group, as in a local Corvair Club
> Chapter,
> it's nice to know that CORSA is carrying insurance for our collective
> protection.  For each chapter to try to get their own insurance
> coverage
> would be financially prohibitive.
>
> Thank you CORSA for lookin' out for me.

Alan,

I think you're completely correct.

As I understand it, CORSA Chapters' events are automatically insured
through CORSA's group coverage. Chapters do not even have to fill out
paperwork before the event unless they need proof of insurance, which
sometimes is required. An example is our autocross, they require a
certificate, so we get them one.

But other events are covered about as you describe. An example is our
"Corvairs Drive the Tail of the Dragon" event. Because that was a club
event we were insured. Had someone run off the road they could have
sued us claiming we were going too fast or something or the event was
too dangerous, etc.

This insurance is a great deal for us all and is not fully appreciated
by members.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer, Membership Chairman