<VV> Communique, Print vs. Electronic or Both Suggestion

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 10:00:38 EST 2009

Guys,

Despite what you made have heard, the board of directors is not stupid or crazy.

No one on the board has ever proposed eliminating the print version of the CC.

We have only discussed an electronic delivery option. We've discussed a discount in dues for this option. The electronic version would most likely be full color. There would be no real cost to produce the electronic version because it is already produced.

Printing and postage is not $125000, that's closer to the total cost of the CC including the fee for the Editor (if my memory is working this morning). If you have access to your CC collection, you can look up the real numbers. The e-version will still need to put together by the Editor.

I like the idea of selling annual books. You may know, there is a current project to scan all of the CORSA newsletters from the very first days of CORSA.

Ned