<VV> Which paint gloss (black) on LM interior metal panels?

craig nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 12:34:31 EST 2009

Joe Wrote:
"I am likely going to have continuing questions asking for advice during the

current restoration/conversion of my '69 500 Coupe.?

I need to advise my painter if he should use standard hi-gloss or what? on?
the metal surrounds of the door interiors (also at the rear sides).? Also,?
Joe Dunlap
Lady Lake, Fl."

Craig Replies:
The interior uses 60% gloss on most interior surfaces with a smattering of
flat in the same hue. There is also a second color for some interiors.
Here's a link to the scheme for 1966; different of course, but I think you
will find it helpful.  Scroll down about three pages and look for the "Color
Refinish paint chart"
Here's the link: http://corvairkid.com/66codes.htm
HTH, Craig Nicol