<VV> Pinky's 3 speed automatic revisited

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Thu Dec 10 23:09:19 EST 2009

In searching my records for a picture of the CPF Fitch
Sprint I found a letter from retired GM Engineer Bob
Benzinger. The letter is dated October 6, 1988 and in it
he discusses the need for a 3 speed automatic transmission
with the turbocharged engine (that was in Pinky at the
time) but he does not admit to ever putting one in. His
words: "that was never to be". I still stand by my
previous statement that the last owner/driver of Pinky
remembered three forward gears in the transaxle. Has
anyone been able to come up with the classified ad from
the old Communique?