<VV> HERE'S HOW TO FIX CORSA

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 01:00:05 EST 2009

Now keep in mind I'm sortof playing devils advocate here.. I gladly pay my
CORSA dues......

Yes, nothing!  If I don't pay the dues I can still be a member of VV and
benefit from it, If I belong to a local club and attend a meeting and somone
works on my car that is a benefit of the local club which doesn't require
CORSA membership, If I buy a part from a CORSA member the seller doesn't
generally "card" me to find out if I'm a member, and would likely sell it to
me at the same price anyway,  attending a CORSA show doesn't require CORSA
membership.

I'm not saying that I don't benefit from CORSA's existence which is possible
only because of those of us who DO pay our dues... I'm saying that the only
benefit I get as a DIRECT result of paying CORSA dues is the Communique'.

I could add to your list of the ways CORSA benefits us....  if you
participate in a CORSA sanctioned racing event you benefit from CORSA paid
insurance (but you dont have to be a member of CORSA to particpate in a
local club event that I know of do you?)  If you need a part that CORSA
aided in the development of you are benefitting.. but dont have to be a
CORSA member to buy it, If you visit the CORVAIR museum you are benefitting
from it... but you dont have to be a member to get in do you?

It's a shame.. but a LOT of folks look at things like paying club dues in
terms of WIFM?  I learned about WIFM in real estate sales....   "What's in
it for me?"  They are going to pass on paying the dues to join when they
find out they arent going to get hardly anything but a magazine in
return....  and an awful lot of folks won't care about whether or not they
are contributing to the finances of this club that benefits them whether
they are a member or not.

Maybe we should see if we can get all the major CORVAIR vendors to increase
their prices slightly all around, and offer all currently PAID UP CORSA
members a discount.. that would be a start.

Also keep in mind that the perspective I offer is from the POV of a CORSA
member who's nearest "local" Corvair club is over an hour away from home...
and happens to be a largely race focused group... whereas I am not really
much interested in racing.  As a result I am not a member of that club
(though I would be anyway if it was closer).  I'm sure there are LOTS of
CORSA members or potential members who are not/would not be local club
members....  though that is somewhat a moot point since local clubs dont
require CORSA membership anyway.

Ray Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member