<VV> HERE'S HOW TO FIX CORSA

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 11 01:25:53 EST 2009

Bing! Bing! Bing! Bing!

You just rang my bell.

At National (and hopefully Regional) conventions - You must first be a CORSA
member in order to be eligible to register for the convention.  ID badges
are given out - with your name, and sometimes "local" club affiliation.

Some of the "indoor" vendors offer a discount to CORSA members.  The
hospitality (aka - jokingly, hostility) room is for CORSA members only.  Why
do we allow non-CORSA members access to the indoor vendors and/or to the
hospitality room?  Actually, I think you need to pay the convention
registration AND wear your convention tag to get in there.

Perhaps the CORSA "tent" - whatever the heck the thing is called - should be
located at the entrance to either the hospitality or the indoor vendor room.
Sometimes they are the same room - depending upon the layout of the
particular host hotel facility.  So - the pitch is, "Yessir/mam, we'd love
to have you join us as a club member in this room, and do you realize that
if you sign up for a membership right now, you will get money off at the
vendors?

My second membership/revenue idea this week.  The first was only revenue
oriented - but did not draw a single comment.  Maybe we were too busy
answering tech questions?  I don't THINK so.

Later, JR