<VV> The Rising Price of Corvairs

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Dec 11 11:49:09 EST 2009

peter koehler wrote:
> What's your story?

Well, I suspect that many on this list have acquired Corvairs the way I
acquired several... for free!  I can no longer remember what the least
amount was when money changed hands, but it was small, 20 dollars or so.

I once obtained the same Corvair for free, twice!  It was given to me, I
cleaned it up ans sold it; when that guy was done with it several years
later, he gave it back to me, and I cleaned it up and sold it.

My first Corvair -- the first one I acquired myself as opposed to it
being my father's car -- was a 1962 station wagon for which I paid $265
in February, 1970.  Later than summer the car's floor completed its
conversion to dust, and I built my first replacement Corvair floor.

In my case through the years there have been more than 70 Corvairs.
Sometimes I wish I had collected stamps or baseball cards... something
that fits in a drawer...

There are four Corvairs here now.  Likely that two of them will become
available for sale during 2010.

--Bob

.