<VV> Re on-line info

Test User vair65 at sisna.com
Fri Dec 11 11:50:24 EST 2009

bryan-don't know why you are down so much on ray for saying he doesn't get
much out of corsa but will pay the dues anyway just to help others. i've
been doing it since 1978. built a 65 corsa with a fuel injected, turboed and
air to water intercooled 140 with suspension mods to handle the power and
took it to the 1990 convention in ca (about 700 miles) expecting to run in
esp. was i wrong. 3 of us needed car to get back home in so it didn't make
much sense to run against trailered race cars. submitted a article (corsa
was crying for them) about the project as (for that era) it was different.
corsa rejected it as the pictures (snapshots) wern't good enough and it was
to "techanical" to be of any interest. i thought (at the time) that was
amusing as (except for blake boring the cylinders and fitting the rings and
pistons) everything else had been done in my garage. went to the convention
at tahoe and when the time came for "fun runs" on the x-cross course thought
i would like to see how the acura would do. was informed "corvair only".
their show. enjoyed palm springs in another acura but no racing.  trying to
get techanical help from corsa in those days (imho) was a waste of time due
to the time delay. fisher book was the bible but didn't cover much of what
we were trying to do.
let me ask you the question rephraised: did corsa create the local clubs or
did the local clubs create corsa? mike mann