<VV> The Rising Price of Corvairs

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Dec 11 14:10:34 EST 2009

About 7 years ago, I bought an almost completely original '67 4sp
convertible... all records since new, 2 owners (both GM employees), 54k, one
paint job circa 1976, maybe a carpet kit and a little repair to both the
front seat upholstery. Original everything else, including the top. I paid
what I thought was a very reasonable price (over $5k but under $10k)

At least I thought it was reasonable... until I found the cancelled check
where owner #2 had purchased it from owner #1 in 1976. So assuming the worst
case, it needed paint, carpet, and the top corners of the front seats were
split. It had to otherwise be in nearly perfect shape, was under 10 years
old, and I think had like 30k on it.

The price? $125.00

Ouch!

Bill