<VV> The Rising Price of Corvairs

Bretts Vette brettsvette at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 15:16:08 EST 2009

Bottom line is this:  The car/fc/wagon whatever is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.  No more, no less.  You can ask what you want to and maybe someone will give you what you are asking.  No one is going to offer you a lot more than what the other guy/gal is charging for their car in similar shape/condition/options/etc unless they want your specific car for whatever reason they have.  As Corvairs become more scarce, the price will inevitably go up, especially for low production styles or options.  I guess everyone I have ever known rolls out some story about finding a fully optioned survivor somewhere in a barn and paying peanuts for it.  It seems the list goes on and on and on about people buying cars for ten bucks or trading a bag of popcorn for it or they guy paying someone a million bucks to move it off their property etc.etc.etc.  Well, folks enjoy the stories, I certainly do, but be prepared to pay a pretty fair dollar for nice examples in very good condition and especially for the Spyder and Corsa convertibles as time marches on.

Semper Fi