<VV> The Rising Price of Corvairs

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 18:08:48 EST 2009

"...I might take the cake in this group as far as price paid. In  February
I purchased from Eric Starkey 1969 Monza Convert. #2891. This car had
21,000 original miles and is a very good example of a survivor. It is a very
clean original well optioned car. ... I paid between 10 and 20K for this  car.
Now how about the money people have put into their cars? I'm talking about
the beautiful restorations that don't get to see the highways..."

Timothy, you are sorta' describing my 64 Spyder convertible. Since it was
professionally restored--even though, mechanically, it's ready to drive
anywhere--it only gets it "legs" stretched about every 30-days. I do this  to
keep everything working correctly. Following the holidays, I'm seriously
considering putting the Spyder up for sale (I've got to pull the documentation
together, so I can prove what the car is really about). This is a car I've
owned  since 1972; it is perfect in every way, but I've got two other
Corvairs and  could use the room in the garage. I'll be asking more than what most
people  think a Corvair is worth; as such, I may end up keeping it into my
golden  years.

Mike Mauro
http://rides.webshots.com/album/53163910VSgRLc