<VV> Vairs and dumb moves

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 14:35:32 EST 2009

Back in 74 my Dad gave me his 62 Monza hard top while I was in the hospital
after a motorcycle accident. I drove it for about 2 months. One day, while
it was parked, a drunk driver hit it and pushed it into a Cadillac,
squishing it from both ends. My brother had a good job by then so he
purchased a new car and gave me his 64 convertible Monza 4-speed. Three
years earlier, Dad had purchased it from a neighbor for my brother's 16th
birthday . It was her grocery getter. We lived in Pasadena so it was
literally from "a little old lady from Pasadena". It was pristine. I drove
it all over southern California, once to San Francisco. After a few years,
It started to shift poorly. Eventually, it would no longer go into reverse.
Since I was just out of high school and trying to maintain an apartment, I
could not afford to replace the tyranny. I sold it to a junk yard for just
about nothing. Little did I know back then that it most likely was simply a
shift coupler adjustment.

Fast forward many years and cars, Two years ago, I purchased my 63 Spyder
vert that I have now.

Dave Thompson

Westminster, CA