<VV> Dumb Deed for the Day

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 23:27:03 EST 2009

                                           B"H

Hi all...after replacing the front brake shoes on my car...it still didn't brake right.  She seemed to verve to the right when I applied the brakes hard.

After reading the brake section of the Shop Manual (when I had time to look it over), it hit me that the shoes on each wheel are NOT the same...there's a primary shoe and a secondary shoe.

Of course I took the front wheels off and lo and behold..2 primaries on one wheel and 2 secondary shoes on the other...

Lesson learned:  KEEP THE SHOP MANUAL IN THE BATHROOM!!  WHEN IN THERE AND LOOKING FOR MATERIAL TO READ, READ UP ON THE REPAIR YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO.  You'll be amazed at the detail you can discover!

Regards...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG

PS:  I fixed the brakes this evening, so hopefully they will work better.  This car is my daily driver, so she has to be safe and well-maintained.