<VV> clutch pilot bushing removal tool

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Dec 14 00:42:19 EST 2009

At 10:44 PM 12/12/2009, J R Read_HML wrote:
>OK... I read the story and will delete for space purposes.
>
>How the H... do you keep track of which pilot bushing came from and went to
>where?  Please send an e-copy of your inventory system.  Please... Pretty
>please???

The one removed with the tap still has the "threaded knurls" in
it.   To date it's the only one I removed with a tap and I kept it,
stuck it in the pocket and put it on the carnage shelf in the
basement.     The other one that went in, then came back out, then
back in again spent a couple years in the top tray of my portable
tool box between installations.

There's also a stepped pilot bushing to fit a 426 Chrysler engine in
the 'switches' tray of my electronic parts bin in back.   It seemed
like the logical place to store it.   There are two Corvair head temp
thermistors in the LED tray beside it.
...seemed like the place to put the thermistors.

There's a small box with a stock of early 'Vair key blanks in my sock
drawer in the bedroom.   It's beside the pistol and behind the
baseball that I caught (hit foul) at a baseball game I
attended.   The titles to the 'Vairs are in a brown envelope at the
opposite end of the sock drawer behind the underwear.

Interesting story about the ball.   I'd just walked into the ballpark
after ticket-taker, game already started, batter popped one up and
over the screen, couple guys scrambled for it then they jumped back
(wimps, didn't try to catch it, waited for it to bounce) as the ball
came down in front of me, bounced up and right into my hand.   Palmed
the ball, stuck it in the bag holding my drink and candy bars and
headed to my seat without breaking a step.

Some kid about 15 who saw it said "Cool!".    That's when I
burped.   Female accompaniment slapped me.

tony..