<VV> my fiance' and the 65' Corsa project/parts car aka women and cars

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Dec 14 14:39:22 EST 2009

I am lucky -- my wife shares the hobby with me.  She works on them,
gets greasy, hands me tools, so forth.  Sometimes I'll come home from
work and find her puttering about on one restoration or the other,
all by herself.  She even took it upon herself to have Jeff Williams
(California Corvair Parts) restore my coupe which was rotting in the yard ...

We once (30 years ago) restored a 67 Fiat 850 Spyder.  We did all the
work ourselves including paint.  It was beautiful (fly yellow).  We
(my fault being impatient) did not do one thing ... replace the gas
tank.  I went for one of those sealant products.  It never worked and
no matter how many fuel filters I put on it, every couple of hundred
miles it would get dirt in the carbs.  This was complicated dual
Weber setup (yeah, high performance 850cc engine!).  One day I came
home from work and my wife lit in to me about the Fiat (she was
driving it that day).  It had died in the middle of the main street
in town.  So I groaned inwardly wondering how I could get a tow truck
that late at night, was it safe, etc.  So I asked with trepidation,
what did she do?

Answer ... she coasted off the road.  Then she took the tool box I
always keep in the trunk, and removed all the jets (idle and main)
for both carbs.  She took them over to a nearby gas station and blew
them out with the air hose, and then re-assembled the
carbs.  Yikes!  I asked her if it still ran :-)  It was in the
garage.  I asked how she managed to get those complicated Webers all
adjusted on the street ... she said she counted the number of turns
on each jet, idle screw, etc. when she removed them.  Just like I
taught her (screw them all the way in first, then count out ... as
counting going in is an in-exact method).  And the car ran perfectly,
I never had to change a thing.

So that's my girl! One of the reasons I kept her.

Merry Christmas from:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.