<VV> TEMP PRESSURE LIGHT

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 09:18:51 EST 2009

Tim,
     That's why EVERY Corvair needs a cylinder head temp. gauge to show you there's a problem BEFORE it wrecks your engine!!!
     But I may have said that before.<GGGG>
Frank "likes gauges" Burkhard

In a message dated 12/15/09 08:32:19 Eastern Standard Time, N2VZD writes:
bear in mind , both senders must be unhooked for the light not to come on.
oil pressure switch is grounded until pressure is up. temp sender  grounds
when it is too hot.  they are hooked in parallel.
so guesses are the wire from the body to the engine is unplugged, or a
problem in the main connector on the body harness , either front or rear.
for instance , my 64 overheated without telling me (until it dropped a
valve seat on number one cylinder ) because the terminal came un riveted from
the temp sender on the right cylinder head. but with oil sender ok , no
indication that sender was not working.
i guess it is time for more gauges.
regards, tim colson